Who are we?
Duchess is a global organization for women in Java technology, currently with 550 members in over 60 countries. Duchess provides a platform through which women who work with Java can connect with each other and get involved in the greater Java community. It aims to make the role of women and the individual women's contributions visible in the Java community and to teach the benefits of diversity in any team environment - whether corporate or open-source.
As it's rather hard to organize global events, Duchess is organized in local chapters instead. Each of these chapters has their own rules and their own kinds of events, as each community has their own needs. Below is a list of all chapters that we know about, and contact details if we have them. If you have any more information, please send us an email and we'll add the information.
- Worldwide (facebook, twitter)
- Africa (facebook)
- Belgium (twitter)
- Brasil (facebook, twitter, mailing list)
- France (site, twitter, meetup)
- Germany (site, mailing list)
- Guatemala (facebook, site)
- India - Chennai (twitter, facebook)
- India - Nagpur (facebook)
- Indonesia (facebook)
- Netherlands (mail, meetup)
- Sweden (meetup, twitter)
- Swiss (site)
- USA - Bay area (meetup)
- USA - Portland Oregon (twitter, meetup)
- USA - Providence RI